Friday, April 27, 2012

Nice to Meet Me

Hello all you internet-addicted, blog-thriving, withdrawal-without-your-smartphone-in-your-hand users! Yes, this is what the lives of most of us has come to. We are people that hate time poorly wasted, and yet we "use" it to scrounge around the internet, pointlessly surfing the web for things to read, use, and do. I hate to put it that way, but it is something I've learned from observation. Think about it. It may or may not be true to you, but it is true to some extent with a lot of us, me included.

I guess I'll start off with who I am. My name is Barb, and I am just another person occupying this planet with you. I am no one special nor important really. I don't have a completed college education nor do I have a really good job. I am just above low income in status, being young, single, and child-less. I don't have much of a life. I work, go out sparingly, and sit home. Makes me sound pretty lame.

I reside in Indianapolis, and moved here from Chicago. Why? Not sure, but I can tell you it is definitely much cheaper to live out here by yourself than it would be in the Windy City! It's an expensive city to live in, where you basically need to live with someone in order to be able to afford rent and all the taxes you get pelted with during your existence. Unless you have a well-paying job, of course. But I don't fall into that category.

I currently work full-time in a warehouse, where I bust my butt running around, lifting heavy things, and getting sweaty, dusty, and dirty. It's more of a man's job, but I don't mind it for the most part. Worst part probably is blowing your nose to watch your Kleenex go from white to black in seconds... haha. Not to mention, I don't get to enjoy looking pretty, dressing nicely, and feeling the comfort of nice soft skin. When you handle lots of filthy objects all day, you deal with dry, sandpaper-like skin that cracks painfully and even makes a sound when you rub your hands together! It's still work, and the dirt on my hands and pants at the end of the day prove I work long and hard. And it pays my rent and bills. My job does have a lot of overtime! That can be great for your wallet, but not on your spare time that you can use to actually go out and meet people and feel social. Not to mention, I usually work so long that by the time I get home, I don't feel like cleaning. My place is very frequently a mess, with a sink full of dishes, a garbage can full of (you guessed it!) garbage that should have been taken out days ago and now stinks, and a carpet full of dog hair from my little Annie. Annie is a miniature Australian shepherd and border collie mix that joined my life a couple months ago, when she was spotted running through traffic and then herded into my car by a group of people trying to catch her. So I don't live entirely alone.

I am here because I want to be able to share my life, the things, I experience, and the things I learn. I can share ideas, stories, tips and advice, opinions, tips, and advice. I hope to make some friends here, I hope to bring up good topics or ideas or just plain thoughts, and I hope someone can find reading them to be enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment