Friday, April 27, 2012

A Sweet and Lightweight Summer Treat!


I love sweet things! Like chocolate, cake, cookies, and fruits - mmmm!

I work on a tight budget, but I do like to indulge once in a while, as a treat for something I may have accomplished or for simply having a long week at work. And I found something that is both sweet, delicious, can be eaten in the morning with my coffee or after a meal, AND is covered in chocolate! Not to mention it's much healthier than that triple fudge brownie cake you would order at a restaurant after your dinner! Try it, there's NO BAKING involved! And it's SUPER CHEAP!

All you need is:

1 already made Angel Food cake, found right by the bakery at your local grocery store
1 bottle Hershey Chocolate Syrup (they have a light version too!)
And any of your favorite fruits!!

I love using strawberries and bananas, but blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, and orange slices also go very well with this!!

Take a slice of cake, sprinkle your desired pieces of fruit on top (cut into small pieces, of course), and pour on some delicious chocolate syrup!



There! Done! This is great to do in the summer, or when you have guests over and don't have a lot of time to cook or clean. It's inexpensive, very easy, not entirely unhealthy, and I can say it's delicious and MEAN it!! Not to mention your kids will love it too!

Try it and enjoy!!  :)

1 comment: